CPD for Staff
The average person will spend 90,000 hours at work over their lifetime. At The Springfields Academy we are committed to making that time as professionally rewarding as possible. We understand and recognise that when staff feel valued that this is reflected in their work and interactions with young people. Consequently, staff receive a range of professional development opportunities each academic year. These include:
- A full package of statutory training, including Safeguarding, Health and Safety and Compliance.
- A weekly professional learning programme during directed time, which includes access to coaching and mentoring.
- Regular meetings with line managers to discuss training needs and professional ambitions. Staff can also engage in a personalised, Reach Routes discussion with the trust lead for CPD.
- A comprehensive INSET day training package which goes beyond the traditional five training days.
- Access to nationally recognised, certificated qualifications.
- Opportunities to engage with colleagues from across the trust during Whole Trust Teachers' Meetings.
All staff, governors and volunteers at the academy also receive dedicated training on autism. Our one-page Autism training overview can be found below.