Autism Professional Development for Staff
Every member of staff who works at Springfields is an Autism Practitioner. Therefore all colleagues are supported to understand and enable autistic young people through a bespoke training pathway in relation to their role within the Academy.
Our commitment to developing effective autism practice is reflected through our performance management targets. Through a personalised, autism-focused target, staff members develop their confidence, skills and experience in working with autistic children.
To reflect the contribution that every role makes towards supporting children with autism, the academy has developed a range of role-specific autism competencies. Staff are supported the achieve these competencies through our on-going professional learning programme.
Our autism competencies:
- Autism Competencies Support Staff
- Autism SEND Teacher Advanced Competencies 2
- Autism SEND Teacher Core Competencies
- Autism Support Worker Core Competencies
- Autism Therapeutic Advanced Competencies
- Autism Therapeutic Core Competencies
- Care Advanced Competencies
- Lead Autism Support Worker Advanced Competencies