Here at the Springfields Academy autism is our passion and we aim to understand, enable and empower autistic learners every day.
The majority of children and young people with autism are educated in mainstream settings; working with Springfields Autism Support provides access to specialist expertise and experience. If you’re looking to develop your understanding of the autistic learner, build staff confidence, make reasonable adjustments or improve your environment then we have multiple ways to help.
You can find out more about our training offer in our School to School Support Brochure below.
Support for 2021/2022
We're pleased to be offering the following for 2021/2022:
- Wiltshire SENCos' Hub
- Teaching Assistants' Hub
- Early Career Teachers: Supporting Autistic Learners in the Classroom
Training in Your Setting
We can offer a range of twilight training sessions that take place in your setting.
Sessions normally last between 1-2 hours, but this can be adapted to suit your needs. We cover a wide range of topics including:
- An Introduction to Autism
- An Introduction to Communication and Visuals
- Supporting and Managing Anxiety
- Supporting and Managing Distressing Behaviour
- Enabling Environments and Sensory Needs
- Executive (dys) Function
- Central Coherence
- Can people with autism see things from different perspectives? An introduction to Theory of Mind
- Making Maths concrete for the autistic learner
- Structured Teaching and Structured Environments