A-Fest, a festival celebrating autism and autistic individuals, is one of our favourite days of the year. We're pleased that you love it too! Take a look at some of this year's feedback.
How has today developed your knowledge and understanding of autism?
- Better idea of the impact the SENCO can have
- Helped me understand what it means to be autistic and how we can support individuals to meet their goals
- Hearing from experts in their field
- My first autism training so it’s been really interesting
- Really useful information on new theory and autistic perspective
- I have learnt lots about supporting people with autism
- Clear teaching, relating theory to practice and explaining theory in an accessible way
- Some really clear messages about creating a neurodiverse world for all people and celebrating differences
- Really lovely messages about creating an inclusive culture for staff and pupils
- Given really good ideas to help support students
- Really enjoyed it, great day and learnt lots
- I have become aware of some more current terminology and research
- A much needed insight and toolkit
- Revisiting prior knowledge and having this updated
- It has developed my knowledge further and provided me with lots of food for thought.
- Excellent talks from those with the universities, underpinning what we are witnessing in schools and cohorts.
- I have picked up lots of new strategies that I can take back to my own class
- Brought attention to areas I didn’t know about
- It has helped to further develop and enhance current knowledge and understanding
- It has helped explaining newest theories on autism which I can share with other professionals that I work with
What was the best part of today?
- Hearing autistic voices
- All of the workshops were great
- Getting to speak with others who teach those with autism
- I enjoyed all sessions and found them all useful
- All the people running sessions were excellent and are obviously excellent at what they do
- It was great to look through some children’s books and the way work is done and feedback is given
- Networking and learning about others’ experiences/chatting with colleagues
- Being able to focus for a whole day on autism and the opportunity to reflect on practice at school
- Being in a room with lots of other people enthused about supporting autistic young people
- Variety of speakers
- Learning how to develop our support for children within our classroom.
Sum up A-Fest in one word
To be informed when tickets for A-Fest 2024 go on sale, email firstname.lastname@example.org